Monday 20 June 2011

Be a part of history.

Ashley Hughes, Proud Torch-bearer for the Vancouver 2010 Olympics
Opportunities are fleeting. Grab them when you can. But if you are lucky enough to experience a once in a lifetime chance, make sure to pay it forward one day. I was lucky enough to carry the Olympic torch for Vancouver 2010 Olympics. It rests on my mantle now. One day I hope to be in the position where my company or myself can sponsor an athlete, or assist in any way I can so that another will get to have such a great lasting memory.

I have been asked how I got this amazing opportunity, but it was really Peter Brown who planted this seed. You see, he was asked to carry the torch and instead passed along that chance to a top producer at the firm. I was so inspired that I made it my mission to tell everyone I wanted to do this and when they called me I could barely believe it was true.


Another highlight is Bryan Adams pulling me up on stage and singing "Run to you"...